Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 -- LFG

Today, the first day of 2020, I hope to establish some habits and an attitude which will serve me and my country well for the months to come until we elect a new president.

I have not the slightest doubt that we will elect a new president. It is my fervent hope, my dream, my personal goal to see Elizabeth Warren elected in November.

There is much to be done between now and then, and for the first time, I am fully committed. I donate to her campaign (small amounts so I can contribute often), I am volunteering, and Julia (wheelchair-bound) and I went to the town-hall meeting in Raleigh a couple of months ago.


Anyone who thinks she is in any way weak or vulnerable, should they come up against her, will be shocked and smacked upside the head. Nothing would please me more than to see her on a debate stage with the current president.

In other news, Julia and I continue to work every day seeking recovery from her stroke which occurred July 26, 2017.

There are lots of avenues available to us. Our most-recent investments are a heater-lamp in the ceiling of her bathroom, a fireplace insert in our family room, a recliner for her to use in the family room, and a perfect chair for her painting studio which will facilitate her returning to her joy of painting.

We will meet with both of her main doctors (neurologist and GP) this month and hope there is a medication which will help with Julia's anxiety. It is the single symptom blocking her improvement.

For me, determining a way to be more active is central. I can easily drop weight if I am working out (no, NOT crossfit. More like gentle use of a recumbent stepper we have owned for years), and I used the machine today. If I manage 150 rides this year, I will be very happy.

Big, Big, BIG news: we will be grandparents the end of March or early April. Thank goodness, because my campaign shirt asserts my grandparent status!

No comments: