Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Questions you can answer in 100 words or less

Here is today's question, and I will provide my own answer to the question right after asking it. Please feel free to add your answer (and you can do so more than once, if you like) as a comment to this post.

How would you be different if your single-greatest fear suddenly was gone from your life and had never been there in the first place? In other words, would your life have progressed down a different fork in the road?

I would probably be a person in the performing arts, although it is hard to know just where in that realm. Perhaps a conductor of an orchestra, or a vocal performer, or a comedian...I don't know how my journey would have steered me. There are times when I speculate, though. It is usually the quiet, alone times when the thought bubbles up.

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

You crave a bit o' limelight, eh? Interesting!

As far as my own alternative path ... I will have to think about that and get back to you. I can't think of a fear that has blocked my path. I'm fairly gutsy and step out into experiences without much hesitation.

Yeah, I'll be back.

Rick Hamrick said...

Lynilu--your answer is a perfectly valid one! If you feel you would be not one iota different if your greatest fear was banished forever, that's great!

Yes, I confess to harboring a bit of the ham inside the Hamrick. In my few experiences, I really loved all the getting-ready part, but I never was able to fully enjoy performing. That's where my fear kicked in, and I have yet to love it into submission.

Olivia said...

This is an easy one for me. I would be single.

Blessings, O