Friday, October 24, 2008

Ready to give, my Canadian friends?

I realized, after the fact, that I failed to honor my friends who live north of me in Canada when I announced the joint adventure born at Joyful Jubilant Learning, specifically from the creative mind of David Zinger.

David, in his post announcing the week-long give-a-little campaign, was one for equal time; he included both a badge which incorporated the American penny, and another one which used the Canadian cent as its center.

So, to make up for my shortcoming in last Sunday's post, here is that second badge:

Canadian_penny

This one will take you to the very-same signup page.

Come join us! It is a modest effort, really as much symbolic as it is truly impactful, as we tally up how many words we write from October 26th through November 1st, calculate how much we are donating to the charity of our own choosing (two cents a word, and there was an additional option to include $20 per picture from that same week--pictures being worth 1,000 words--for those who wish to contribute even more), and then report back.

As I mentioned Sunday, this is as low-maintenance a campaign as it gets. No one need do anything except sign up, then check back in to report your results. Give your donation to the charity you are supporting, and you're done!

Come join us.

No comments: